Thursday, May 08, 2008

I Swithed From ATT Wireless To Metro PCS. Here's What Happened!

I thought that I would save some money by switching from AT&T Wireless to Metro PCS. I went to their store, bought a nice phone (a Motorola RAZR, for close to $200), and the phone worked pretty good, when I was outside or out on the road. Coverage was pretty extensive- I only lost reception when I went from Los Angeles to Santa Clarita, California, but I expected that. My bill after switching was going to be pretty good, too- only about $53 for the plan that I chose.

I had only one major problem: I had horrbile reception inside my apartment. You see, I have a business- a Mobile Notary business, and if a new customer calls me and can't get me on the phone easily, they move on to the next Notary they find on Google. I know that I lost at least 2 customers for this reason during the period that I had Metro PCS.

Other times in my apartment, my phone wouldn't ring at all when people would call me. This happened almost half the time that I had the phone. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, and went crawling back to AT&T, because at least I know that I can rely on the calls not dropping most of the time, and I could rely on getting my calls. Metro PCS is cool if you don't care if you miss calls, but for me, I couldn't rely on it- I need reliable service, baby. Now I'm paying even more money than I paid with AT&T before (i'm paying $99.99 per month now), but that's only temporary, until I can afford an iPhone. I will probably get the iPhone in 3 months, and I will then pay even $20 more per month, but I will have one badass phone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.