Saturday, October 11, 2008

Carol Burnett Show: Cinderella Gets It On





This is a VHS video of the Carol Burnett Show Collector's Edition, number 25. I have searched far and wide to find something like this, and now, after some help from a cool guy on Ebay who listed all of the contents of all the episodes for this show, I have found what I was looking for.

This video contains a true classic on television: the Emmy-award winning skit on "The Carol Burnett Show" called "Cinderella Gets It On" produced in 1975, which was the show's version of Cinderella. It stars Carol Burnett as Cinderella, the Pointer Sisters as the Stepsisters, Vicki Lawrence as the Stepmother, Harvey Korman as Fairy Godmother Marcus, and Tim Conway as the King of Rock himself, Elfin John.

This skit was great on several fronts: the comedy is classic, the music is really good (won an Emmy), the costumes are great (also won an Emmy), and all of the performers are in rare form. This is by far my favorite skit ever on "The Carol Burnett Show", and I have not seen it since it aired on CBS back in 1975 (although I had an audio tape of it for years- my sister stole it from me and I've never seen it again).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you SOOO much for this post. I've been looking for this skit for years. Like you, I think its the best skit on the show. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard.