Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back from Pleasure Island

This evening (Tuesday evening, 9/23) I went to Pleasure Island at Walt Disney World. Every time I come here, I always make a visit to the Comedy Warehouse there at least one night per trip. It's always a fun time there- it's spontaneous, it's improv, it's....closing? Yes, the Comedy Warehouse, along with the Adventurer's Club and the dance clubs, including Mannequins and 8 Trax, are closing down after this coming Saturday. According to Pleasure Island Cast Members, they were told that those venues will be replaced by shops and restaurants. Oh, well...everything must come to an end...It's not a bad thing, really. It's just time....Those of us who supported the Comedy Warehouse and the Adventurer's Club, along with the other clubs, will always have the memories of the fun times that we had there. Pleasure Island over the last couple of years certainly has not been as busy as it used to be in past years, and now with competition like Citywalk at Universal Studios, Disney has got to make some changes to keep competitive, and to make it interesting.

Still, the Comedy Warehouse has some really talented folks who work there, and like I was telling Comedy Warehouse Cast Member Mary this evening, I could definitely see any of those folks moving to Los Angeles or New York and making a living in films and television. It's a scary thing when you've had a steady job at Disney for years, but heck...It's worth a shot, right? I mean, they're already actors...I can envision Mary, for example, guesting on shows like Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty or Samantha Who...

Anyway, I'm tired now...It's like 3:44AM here in Florida right now, and it's time for me to go to bed. I enjoyed myself tonight, but here at Disney's Old Key West Resort, my bed is calling me. Good night!

No comments: