Friday, September 12, 2008

Barack Obama and the Lipstick on a Pig

Barack Obama has recently been explaining himself over his recent non-original "lipstick on a pig" speech a few days ago. You know, the one that the McCain campaign claims that Obama was calling Sarah Palin a pig. Boy, I've got to give it to the Republicans. That was a good move on their part, for one good reason: there are a lot of stupid people out there, and only they would really believe that that's what Obama meant.

Obama's big mistake is in his repeated trying to explain what he meant. If Obama wants to come across as strong, this is what he should do: "Everybody. I'm going to say this only once, and then I'm never going to talk about it again, so listen up: I did not call Sarah Palin a pig. The McCain camp is telling you that I did. Go on You Tube and watch the full speech that I gave if you don't believe me. If you are an idiot, you will believe what the Repulicans tell you to believe, and you'll vote for McCain. Thank you". That would be a manly response, don't you think?

Howard Dean a few years back couldn't recover when he yelled, "Yeee Haw!" and his opponent, John Kerry, called him a "loose cannon". If Mr. Dean had played it cool, held a press conference and said, "look at the tape. I was just having a good time. I'm not crazy, and I'm not a loose cannon, and I will not ever talk to the press about this again", then he would probably have been the Democratic nominee against George Bush. But no, he kept on stumbling and trying to explain himself. Obama, you are coming across as stuffy lately. Man up!!!!!

1 comment:

VidCrayzee said...

Barack Obama enlists Bill Clinton, George Bush, Matt Damon and Kanye West to rebut and deflect the ‘lipstick issue’. Check out the video here.