Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Will Donate to St. Jude's Hospital

The other night on ABC's Nightline they had a boy named Daniel who was a patient at St. Jude's Hospital in Memphis, TN. He had a brain tumor, and he had a rough treatment. He survived it and he was brave. He's only 13 years old, and he has the same birthday as me (November 4). I was happy to know that he didn't have to pay for his medical treatment.

I worked for Fed Ex for 16 years, and I was always asked by my former company to donate to St. Jude's. I always made one-time donations, but I have not contributed since I left Fed Ex 3 years ago. Seeing the hospital on Nightline a few nights ago, it made me want to donate to that hospital again, but perhaps in more amounts than I have in the past, and more consistently. As I make more money in my Mobile Notary business and in other ways, I will definitely donate more to St. Jude's. Their website is stjude.org.

No comments: