Friday, February 06, 2009

Michael Phelps and Pot Smoking

So, Michael Phelps was photographed at a party in South Carolina smoking Marijuana from a big Bong. How old is Michael Phelps? He's a little square, right? I mean, he's disciplined, he's excelled at something- he was number 1! He worked hard, he got there. He sacrificed a lot.

Now that Michael Phelps has won all his medals, he should maybe take a break from the press and the limelight, right? Maybe chill out at a party with some friends, and maybe participate in some fun with some peers. Just be a normal Joe, and have fun among friends. Right?

Well, some punk ass bitch took a picture of him smoking some pot, and circulated it for their own profit, and at his expense. To me, that's really f**cked up. However, the fact remains that he smoked pot.

I say, so what? I smoked pot a couple of times when I was in college at UCLA. When I was in high school I never tried it, but I knew a lot of people who did. Frequently.

What's the harm in trying a little marijuana? Yes, it's illegal, but so many crazy, wrong things are legal (like the interest rates that credit card companies are allowed to charge) that, in my opinion, just because it's illegal doesn't mean that it's bad for you or wrong. Bill Clinton smoked pot. Hell, George W. Bush used cocaine and got drunk. All you people need to remember that Michael Phelps is a real person, and I like him all the more better for smoking pot- he's living his life, and (I hope) loving it. So what if Kellogg's chooses not to renew his contract? If I ever produce a movie and he's interested, I would love to have Michael Phelps in my movie!

No comments: