Sunday, January 06, 2008

Disney Music Makes Me Happy


I know one thing: I am a fool for Disney. Especially the music that they have produced over the years. If all my Disney stuff got taken away, it wouldn't matter to me that much as long as I got to keep all my soundtracks.

Today you can get some Disney soundtracks on iTunes. In this digital age of "free music", I'm sure that you can even find some Disney stuff out there online. Given this fact, I will still never part with my hard Disney CD's and records (if I can help it). I like to play my CD's in my car, and often take some of them with me on vacation to listen to in my rental car. I have collected my CD's ever since Disney started producing their music on CD's. I also collected the soundtracks right after Disneyland installed kiosks where you could make your own CD's of rare and historic soundtrack material that had previously been unreleased. (When I discovered those kiosks, I personally made 10 custom-made CD's that very day for myself). (I could have made a few more to capture EVERYTHING that they had, but I chose what I liked best). iPods are cool, but they are only tools, and a part of my picture. CD's made by the manufacturer rock!

I especially love the soundtracks to all the Disneyland Attractions. A couple of years ago, Disneyland (and Walt Disney World) sold a really cool CD set, with 6 CD's and over 100 tracks representing 50 years of Disneyland's music. That set includes a good hardcover book by Disney historian and artist Stacia Martin, as well as a vinyl record reprint of the classic Disneyland record, "Walt Disney Takes You To Disneyland". Pictured is the box that this special set came in.

No comments: