Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Hate The Premise For That TV Show "The Forgotten"

I like Christian Slater, and I like TV shows, but there's something so fake about the premise of the TV show, "The Forgotten" that it's too irksome for me to watch.

On that show, there's a group of steady "volunteers" who, on their own for no pay, solve the murders of people who are seemingly "forgotten".

The problem that I have with this show is this: what large group of people have the time and the money to simply "volunteer" their time and do the jobs of the police? Why would they do that?

And how are they always able to get in the way of the police the way they do in this show? How are they always seeking out and being in the presence of the murderers? And all of that for free? That's just what's so fake to me. It seems to me if they were really that into solving murders that they'd become real police detectives, like a special unit of the police force or something. But volunteers? It's fake to me.

No comments: