Friday, October 30, 2009

Kaiser Permanente Sucks

Kaiser Permanente sucks, but I'm not saying that for reasons that you might think. I'm pissed because I have had them as a medical provider ever since I was a kid. With such loyalty, you'd think that they'd give me a break on the price as an adult consumer, working for myself without coverage through an employer. Well, think again. I've applied for individual coverage through them twice now, and I told the truth, and believe me, it seems like you cannot have visited a doctor at all for any reason at all for a year in order to qualify for any of their lower cost programs. Their lower-cost programs really aren't that cheap anyway, really.

I currently have Kaiser Permanente, but I pay $495 per month under their "conversion" plan, where a person who was under COBRA can simply get an individual pay plan without a medical examination.

I hope that Obama's health plan laws pass, so that Kaiser and other companies can stop discriminating against people for petty reasons. I mean, I visited a doctor last year for tonsilitis, and they held that against me! What the fuck?

Other than that, all my Kaiser doctors and Nurse Practitioners have been great doctors. I believe I have the best endocrinologists in California.

No comments: