Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Pissed Off at a Selfish Bitch in my Acting Class

I just started an Acting class here in Los Angeles (my second year). On Thursday we had our first class. The teacher gave this lecture, part of which was about respecting each other and being humble.

After class, the teacher assigned us partners. He assigned me to a girl named "Katie", who seemed nice, and quickly passed me her phone number. She said that she would call me, and seemed eager to start.

The next day, she did not call me, like she said she would. On Saturday, I called her and got her voicemail I left a message, saying that we should discuss what we were going to do on Tuesday night for our class performance. She did not return my call. On Monday night, after not receiving a call from her, I called my friend James, who is also in my class. He said that I should call her one more time.

I called Katie one more time. She did not answer. I left a voicemail saying that since we weren't going to get to rehearse together, we should at least talk about what each of us would do in our scene together (it's an improv). I asked her that on the chance that she wasn't in the class anymore that she could let me know.

About 5 minutes later, this bitch TEXTS me to tell me that she was switching to a different section of class, on different days. This BITCH didn't have the nerve to call me and tell me that she was trying to get out of class. Utter disrespect, the utmost in unprofessionalism. I would NEVER want to work with her, and I don't think I'll ever forget this.

I told my cousin about this over coffee tonight. She chalked it up to her being young and stupid. My cousin says that that's why she hates young and stupid girls. I don't think that all young girls are stupid- I've met some smart ones, for sure. This one is just selfish. She goes against everything that the teacher taught in the first lecture.

No comments: