Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Great Christmas


I had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. I admit, shopping a few days earlier was a job, but I actually had fun doing it. I mean, I got to go down to the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim on Saturday night, where I went inside California Adventure for one particular gift (for my Mother). I also went to a store called "Basin" that sells bath soaps and salts, where I bought a few other things. Earlier in the day I went up to Universal Studios, where I bought a "Shrek" plush toy for a toddler. I also bought a Lottery Ticket, since I was acutally inside Universal Studios and thought it would be cool if I won there, because they'd get some money, too, and I'd be on TV.

Anyway, on Christmas Eve, we had a great dinner. Jaime cooked a turkey with dressing and candied yams, and we also had cranberry sauce. Jaime's brother Adrian came over with his family of 4, my sister Julie came over with her friend, my Mother came over, and our friend Juana Maria came over with her 3 kids. It was a full house, and the food was really good. There was just enough food for everyone. Later on in the evening, Jaime and I went to visit his brother Rigoberto, where we had a few cups of coffee and some more food.

Christmas day was nice. We woke up late, and mainly just stayed home and watched TV. My Mom came over around 4PM and cooked a pork roast, along with a few other things. Julie came over also with her friend. It was a delicious dinner (it is truly rare, for me anyway, to have 2 home cooked meals that good, back-to-back). We watched "The Simpsons Movie" and "Fiddler on the Roof" on television. Tonight the adults opened their Christmas gifts, and everyone was happy afterward.

I will enjoy the rest of this year. I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas, and that we all have a safe, friendly, and comfortable week.

No comments: