Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Torn Between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama

I am so torn between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama for the Democratic Primary today. i don't know what I'm going to do.

I got so pumped up at the rally on Sunday at Pauley Pavillion on the UCLA campus. Michelle Obama said to vote for Barack and that as President, he will show us from day one that we made the right choice. She was so impassioned, that out of every person on that stage Sunday, she was by far the most convincing. I do like Barack Obama.

Then, there's Hillary. I saw her in November at a little backyard party in my neighborhood in Los Angeles. I was stoked to see her and to hear her in person. I have always liked her, and got an ever bigger appreciation for her when I read her book, "Living History" years ago.

One thing is for sure: I really believe that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton really believe that America crucially needs each of them as President, and I can't help but think that each one is correct. If at least one of them does not become the next President, I will seriously contemplate moving to another country (that's where all the good jobs seem to be going, anyway!). I don't think that will happen, though. Too many people are pissed off now, and more people are paying attention.

Anyway, I thought that I'd made up my mind to vote for Barack Obama, but I still feel a strange loyalty to Hillary Clinton. I wish that I could vote for both. I'll decide in a few hours how I will vote.

No comments: