Thursday, November 01, 2007

More Money!

Today I feel that I was kind of fortunate. I got a call from a guy around 7PM tonight (Oct. 31), wanting me to come to Hollywood to notarize 4 documents. I said OK, I'd come at 8PM. I was doing laundry when he called, and I was a little out of it because the light was out in the laundry room, so after I had a chance to think about it, I called the guy back and asked if I could come at 8:15PM. He said OK. Then, while I was folding clothes, I thought about it, and decided that 8:45 would be best because I still had some clothes to fold and get out of the laundry.

On my way to Hollywood to meet my client at Borders bookstore on Sunset and Vine, I felt the sudden unfortunate need to use the bathroom. To do number 2. This was Halloween, though, and as I turned from Wilshire onto Rossmore to head north to Hollywood, I dreaded the slow, long line of cars in front of me- the dread of possibly having an accident- in my pants! I nervously turned the air conditioner on and off. I turned on the radio, then thought about the possible bad news, and turned it off. I didn't want to give my bowels any negative external stimuli. I was under the pressure of making it on-time to my appointment. I knew that the Borders bookstore did not have a restroom. My sudden solution- to get to Gold's Gym in Hollywood, where I could park my car and run into the restroom. I parked in their lot, and I ran to the gym. They scanned my ID, and I made my way into the restroom. Membership really does have its privileges.

You know what I did in that restroom. What a relief. So, ten minutes later, I called my client and told him of my dilemma, and advised that I would be there in 10 minutes. Surprisingly, I made it at 8:50 to my projected 8:45 appointment- not too bad.

My client, named Casey, is a writer, and I was able to notarize his documents for him. He was under a deadline- the Writer's Guild may go on strike at any time now, so that deal had to be signed before midnight. I asked Casey about his experiences as a screenwriter. I'm happy for him that he was able to write a screenplay, and then able to get it optioned. I aspire to such greatness. It turned out that he had 8 documents for me to notarize, so I got paid $95. A good Halloween take.

No comments: