Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Gonna Make Room

I decided today that I'm going to sell most of my compact discs. Not because I'm broke or anything- they're just in the way, and I believe that when you make room for more stuff to come into your life, it does. I honestly couldn't take on more stuff right now, because I really do have too much stuff. I don't even listen to most of the music that I have- it's all been in a closet at my Mom's place for months. So, I'm putting it all on iTunes now....and I will decide what to keep, but most of it will go. Except my Disney music- I have to have the CDs for those always....I've got a lot of DVD's, VHS videos, and CDs. I will keep all the Disney stuff, but most of the rest has got to go. I don't feel like putting it all on Ebay- too much work for me. Perhaps I'll just sell most of it locally on craigslist (or try, anyway). I realize that I should have been steadily putting all my music on this Mac ever since I got it!!! I enjoy getting rid of stuff- it's weird, but I'm enjoying cleansing myself of things that I really don't need....

I'll get with the times...

Today was an OK day for work. I went to a place where they help restaurants jazz up their menus. Sounds like a cool job. The head guy is a professional chef- a real big-shot. I'm glad I made some money today. I still need more money.

I called my lawyer today about Yellow Pages. Those people are real rip-offs- they use tricks to get people to sign up for stuf- they lie to you. I won't go into details right now, but suffice it to say, their sales people lie to you, get you signed up and then you'd be hard-pressed to ever get them on the phone again. Their performance for my business has been tremendously underwhelming.

My cousin, who's name starts with L, has a court date tomorrow. She's being evicted from her apartment because she's going on 3 months behind on the rent. Oh, well...that's another story. She's having trouble facing reality- I would have been moved to a cheaper apartment. I mean, paying $1,200 a month and living by yourself? In Los Angeles? I wouldn't attempt that if I made $20 an hour, let alone what she was making when she had a full-time job. Let's pray for her! Sometimes reality doesn't really hit you until you're losing everything and facing the street. It's hard in America now. People who make stupid mistakes in the current environment are facing truly harsh times.

Will the stock market fall this week? I mean- will it crash? This time of year traditionally sees terrible results for stocks. We will see.

No comments: