Tuesday, October 23, 2007

So Much Fire in California

The weather in California is really hot now.

As you must know, there's a lot of fires going on all over Southern California. Here in Los Angeles, it's really bad air for breathing. I have slight allergies, but it was enough to make me lethargic and not want to go outside. I took a 3 hour nap today, which is really uncharacteristic of me.

I hope that the weather changes here for the better soon. We need some cool air to come in from the ocean to stop the fires from spreading, and to help them to put out the fires.

I guess that maybe it's a good thing that Griffith Park had its big fire months ago- there's not so much to burn there. It would really be bad if we had another big fire within Los Angeles, while so much is going on in the rest of the State.

Fires are naturally occurring things in nature- I guess they are part of what that great Disney film referred to as, "the circle of life". Old things burn up, and are replaced by new life later on. Nature's way of making way for the new.

What we really need is some rain. Badly. Georgia needs rain, too. Let's pray for rain.

No comments: