Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Bird





This is my bird. She's a parakeet. Her name is "Bird". She's really friendly towards people (she doesn't really like other parakeets). She can say "hi", but that's the only English she speaks. The rest is strictly parakeet language. I found her 2 years ago, walking in the bushes in front of my apartment building. When I noticed her, I went to get help from my roommate and we cornered her and captured her. We're sure that she belonged to someone and escaped. She's not very good at flying. She likes attention, and she's really smart- she eats when she notices us eating dinner at the table, and she goes to bed as soon as we cover her cage. She will even get on her swinging perch and go to bed herself if we forget to cover her cage or if we get home really late. Another funny thing about her is that she likes to "sleep in"- sometimes she won't wake up until we take the cover off her cage, especially on an overcast day. She's cute, huh? They say that having a pet like a dog or cat reduces stress. I think that the Bird fulfills that function.

No comments: